At Nurturing Family, we support the Mother and her birth team before, during and after the birth to provide a positive labor and delivery experience.
Our Doulas provide five modes of support:
Informational, Emotional, Spiritual, Physical, and Mediation. Over the course of three meetings prior to your birth, we work to discover your individual needs in each of these areas.
- Initially, meet with a Doula for a cup of coffee or casual dinner, face to face, to ensure you are compatible.
- Next, the Doula will come to your home to review some pain relieving techniques and positions that will be helpful at your birth. At this time, a birth vision can be created.
- For your third visit, she can accompany you to a doctor’s appointment to present the birth vision, go shopping with you, or help decorate the nursery; these are opportunities to get to know you better. The more you know each other, the more comforting it will be to have your Doula with you during your labor.
- When it is time for your birth your Doula will support you throughout your labor. From pain management to upholding your birth plan, as a friend as well as a knowledgeable professional, we are with you the whole time. Following labor, your Doula may assist you with breastfeeding, help you get comfortable, or take pictures.
- A week or two after the birth, your Doula will come to your home for a postpartum visit. This is to make sure breastfeeding and healing are going well. Feel free to call her at any time with question or concerns.
At Nurturing Family, we believe in supporting the mother, and all others she has chosen for her birth team.
It is never too early or too late to hire a Doula. Call or email now for availability.